United States has always been the most preferred destination for students who want to complete MBBS. There are many career options and a bright future for students who complete their medicine in USA. It may be one of the expensive choices but it’s worth it. I suggest that it’s worth checking the facts on the fee structure and the funding option before preparing yourself to go ahead. Remember that MBBS admission in USA is not an intimidating task these days!
Cost of MBBS in USA:
MBBS in USA is exceedingly challenging, but it’s your passion and hard work that takes you forward and face the challenges. The cost to study MBBS in USA might vary from university to university, some may take 15-20 lakhs, 20-30 lakhs and so on till 65lakhs and above. The budget includes:
- Tuition fees for the entire course
- Cost of living + Food
- Other miscellaneous costs
Despite the fact that MBBS is expensive, study medicine in USA because it’s beneficial for students who complete their entire course. You will definitely have a bright future and be successfully in future endeavors.
In order to get admissions directly in USA universities, students must have studied the pre-medical course. Every year, massive number of students from USA give their Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) which is like an entrance for MBBS in USA
. The scores of students is released by Association of American Medical College (AAMC).
Career Options after MBBS in USA:
There has been a misconception for most of the Students that once we enter a medical college, we start treating patients and there won’t be any vibrant career options. If you think this way, then you are absolutely wrong.
Here are some best options:
- MD/MS/Diploma: Most of the students choose this path for continuing their medical career. Because, you can pursue post-graduation in diverse specialties like general surgery, gynaecology, pediatrics, etc.
- Clinical Research: The demand for clinical researches is too good. Check for the various institutes which are offering research opportunities.
- Masters in Health Administration: It’s a post-graduate of 3 years. It helps you acquire skills which helps in managing clinics, hospitals, etc.
- MBA: The demand for doctors with MBA is ever more drastic. Institutes who offer MBA are FMS Delhi, IBS Hyderabad, IIM’s, etc.
Besides these, other important career options worth speaking of are Diploma of National Board (DNB), Civil Services, M.Tech in Biomedical Engineering and Biological Sciences, Masters in Medical Science and Technology (MMST). Based on this, prefer the best option that matches you for a fruitful career ahead.