NANTONG MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Nantong Medical College, stemmed from a private Medical Institute of Nantong, was founded in 1912 by Zhang Jian and his brother Zhang Cha. It was one of the earliest medical colleges in China.
It was transformed into Nantong Medical College in 1927, and a Medical department of Nantong University (amalgamated from three colleges of agriculture, textile and medicine) in 1928. It was moved to Shanghai In August 1938 and returned home and restored in 1946.
During the adjustment of the national higher education in 1952, the medical department was entitled Northern Jiangsu Medical College and renamed as Nantong Medical College in 1956. It came under the joint jurisdiction of China's Ministry of Transportation and the Jiangsu Provincial Government In 1978. And since Feb. 2002, it has become a college at provincial level.
Nantong comprises 19 majors, including the Faculty of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Preventive Medicine, the Faculty of Pediatrics, the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, the Faculty of Nautical Medicine, the Faculty of Radiation, Diagnostic Medicine, and the Faculty of Professional Medical Training.
The college has 60 departments, three research institutes, seven affiliated hospitals, and about 70 teaching (clinical training) hospitals and bases.
Specialties for international students are Chinese Language and Literature, History, International Economy and Trade, Educational Technology, Administrative Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Nursing, Management of Human Resources, Clinical Medicine (taught in English), Preventive Medicine, Artistic Design, Fine Arts, Music, Education (Education for Primary School).
- Established in 1912.
- Recognized by World Health Organization (WHO).
- The entire course is taught in English. Authorized by the Chinese Government to conduct English language MBBS program.
- The syllabus/curriculum is based on international standards.
- Eligible to appear for USMLE, PLAB AND MCI (Medical Council of India) screening test.
- Located in the beautiful coastal city of Nantong.
- Internship in student's home country or China.
- 3839 full time students. 253 full time teachers. More than 250 international students.
- 11 research labs. 300 research projects.
- On campus air conditioned fully furnished accommodation with TV and internet connection in each room.
- Vegetarian and Halal food available in school restaurant.
- Low fees and cost of living.
- Nantong Medical University is on the approval Status of the following Organization:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- General Medical Council, UK
- Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC)
- China Medical Council
- Medical Council of India
- Bangladesh Medical Council
- Saudi Medical Council
On campus air conditioned fully furnished accommodation with TV and internet connection in each room.
BACHELOR OF MEDICINE AND SURGERY (MBBS)
Duration: 6 Years (includes last 1 year of complete Internship).
Medium of Instruction: English.
Beginning of Session: September every year.
Curriculum: International MBBS Syllabus in accordance with Medical Council of India.
CHINA MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES
- Beihua Medical University
- Capital Medical University
- China Medical University
- China Three Gorges University
- Guangzhou Medical University
- Hebei Medical University
- JIANGSU UNIVERSITY
- Nantong Medical University
- North Sichuan Medical University
- Sun Yat-Sen University
- Weifang Medical University
- Xuzhou Medical University
- Yangzhou Medical University
- Zhengzhou Medical University