Emilio Aguinaldo College
The School of Medicine of Emilio Aguinaldo College (EAC), a Commission of Higher Education accredited institution, was established on 23 July 2001 by Dr. Paulo C. Campos, a National Scientist in Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Campos envisioned the school to be an outstanding institution for medical education and health research.
As such, the School shall provide an educational and scientific environment that prepares the student to become professionally competent, socially-relevant and compassionate physicians with a strong commitment to lifelong learning. The School is also committed to undertake relevant reforms on Medical Education in response to changing national and global health needs and scenarios as well as newly generated medical information.
The medical school is staffed by a committed, academically and clinically–respected and experienced faculty, implements a traditional but synchronized curriculum with early clinical integration and emphasis on interactive learning process, and boasts of superior teaching and clinical facilities notably its main teaching–training hospital – the Medical Center Manila, a Philhealth Accredited Center for Excellence and ISO 9001 Certified Hospital, a rare distinction among tertiary private or government hospitals in the Philippines, as well as clinical affiliation with the University of the Philippines College of Medicine – Philippine General Hospital Medical Center.
As the "Benjamin" among the health science schools of theEmilio Aguinaldo College, which include Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing-Midwifery, Occupational-Physical Therapy, Nutrition-Dietetics, Medical Technology, Radiology Technology and Respiratory Therapy, the Medical School is always conscious of the need for close collaboration with its local sister health units as well as other respected affiliated medical institutions, i.e. Qiqihar Medical University in China and the University of the Philippines College of Medicine – Philippine General Hospital Medical Center, in order that Emilio Aguinaldo Collegebecomes a true Health Science Center that is recognized not only nationally but also internationally through its significant contributions to the health manpower training needs of the country and the rest of the world.
The School of Medicine articulates the vision that it will be an outstanding medical and health research institution. It will provide an educational scientific environment that will prepare medical students to become competent, humane and caring physicians even as they sustain their own development thru opportunities of life-long studies.
The School of Medicine is a component unit of the Emilio Aguinaldo College. It is committed to the education and training of relevant, competent and compassionate physicians who will be effective health care providers, researchers and teachers imbued with the strong desire to continue the pursuit of knowledge and a deep sense of service to the local society (locally) and the community of nations (globally).
Pursuant to the articulated mission and vision of the Emilio Aguinaldo School of Medicine, the College will formulate, implement and evaluate the following:
- A relevant curriculum, which is community health-oriented as a contribution to the country’s effort to provide adequate health care services to the majority of the people;
- Programs and training activities that promote: academic excellence, scientific and scholarly attitudes moral values and medical ethics, Christian, social consciousness love of country and respect for Filipino values and tradition respect for patient’s rights and dignity dedication to a life of learning
- A faculty and support personnel development program that is thoughtful, purposeful and cost effective in its recruitment, training and management policies, and
- A resource-seeking program for upgrading and expanding the institution’s teaching and learning as well as research facilities, e.g., laboratories, library, etc.
THE CURRICULUM FOR THE MD PROGRAM HAS A TWO—FOLD OBJECTIVE:
- To develop students for leadership in the clinical practice of holistic medicine and;
- To prepare them for careers in basic, clinical and social medicine research.
- Medical Center Manila (Base Hospital)
- UP-PGH Medical Center
- Ospital ng Maynila
- BS MD Program:
Philippines has developed the education system, similar to the USA. Thus after High School (Grade 10) the students join a Bachelors Degree. Those who want to study Medicine does the Pre-Medicine in Bachelor of Science in Biology, Medical Technology, Nursing, Pharmacy or Physiotherapy. After which they sit for National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) exam then they enroll for 4 years medical course known as ‘Doctor of Medicine’ (MD). The MD degree awarded in USA / Philippines is equivalent to MBBS of UK / Commonwealth Countries. Philippines is the world's Second largest exporter of Physicians after India.
Post Graduation Specialization:
1. Internal Medicine – 3yrs
2. Pediatrics – 3yrs
3. Radiology – 4yrs
4. General Surgery – 5 yrs
5. Emergency Medicine – 3yrs
6. Obstetrics & Gynecology – 4yrs
7. Anesthesia – 3 yrs
8. Orthopedics – 4 yrs
9. ENT - 4 yrs
10. Dermatology – 3 yrs
11. Clinical Pathology -4 yrs
12. Urology- 5 yrs